Nightmare before Christmas: 'rape announcement' issued at Seoul billboard
时间:2023-12-09 17:07:45 出处:재무阅读（143）
A local department store's event to celebrate Christmas through its digital billboard has gone horribly wrong, as it ended up with an anonymous threat to "rape all Korean women" being flashed on the digital screen in central Seoul.
According to local police, the message saying "I'm going to rape all Korean women" appeared around 10 p.m. Tuesday on a giant screen on the exterior of Lotte Department Store in Myeong-dong, Seoul. The department store had been holding a Christmas event that allowed anyone to flash a message up on the board by using a QR code.
Lotte officials took down the message, but not before several people took pictures of it and shared it online. The event has been discontinued, and the digital billboard in question is currently showing Christmas-related videos.
"There's a system to filter profanity, but the message in question was not filtered for some reason," the department store said, adding that Lotte plans to seek Police action in relation to the incident.
- Seoul shares open lower on US tech slide
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Professor awarded for building Korean studies in US
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- Mirae Asset Securities names new CEOs
- Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- LG wins SOAFEE board membership to join Arm, Bosch