S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
时间:2023-12-09 17:29:15 出处:부모와 아이阅读（143）
South Korea's oceans ministry said Tuesday it has issued a navigation warning for ships, responding to North Korea's upcoming space rocket launch set to take place in less than two weeks.
The notification, issued at 2:30 a.m., came after the reclusive regime informed Japan that the planned launch is expected to take place between Wednesday and Dec. 1.
The North has been gearing up for its third attempt to launch a spy satellite into orbit.
North Korea mentioned three maritime zones that could be affected by the planned launch, two off the Yellow Sea and the third in the east of the Philippines.
Navigational warnings are directly disseminated to ships via the World-Wide Navigational Warning System, a global radio and satellite broadcast system, in accordance with a resolution of the International Maritime Organization. (Yonhap)
- Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- NYT picks Yoon as one of most stylish people of 2023
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- Container shipping costs for US west coast rise 7 pct in October
- UNC members renew commitment against any NK armed attack
- Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline