S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
时间:2023-12-09 16:13:59 出处:재무阅读（143）
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
- Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
- Samsung Bioepis to develop MSD's Keytruda biosimilar
- [KH explains] Chinese battery makers gobbling up Korean rivals’ European market share
- Animal shelter busted for killing and burying hundreds of pets
- Citibank Korea hosts digital forum for corporate clients
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- Yoon says short selling ban necessary to protect retail investors
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- ‘Korea could go extinct without proper immigration policy’: minister